Monday, November 12, 2012

Mean Girl Ghosts


I keep running into my old classmates and to hear them describe me I must have been a ruthless, bully, and a little snot. I don't quite remember it that way but it really takes me aback to hear those things about myself. Which then brings me to Facebook which was a wonderful invention when I first learned of it's existence. I was able to reconnect with old classmates and have long-distance friendships. Lately, it has been a source of pain for me.  I keep finding "friends" that who have not blocked me but have made it to where I cannot see any of their posts, which is basically the same thing to me only more polite. I learned two people last week that I had no idea and then over the weekend I ran into an old classmate and she sat down at my table, hugged me, told me how people just didn't understand what all I had going on and would push my buttons to make me lose my temper (I really don't know what she was referring to about the things I had going on that no one knew about) and then goes on to say we need to get together (polite I thought at the time) and I make the comment to her, you know I never see you on Facebook anymore to which she replied, "Oh, I don't post anything I just watch," and then added, "you'll just have to call me out and say hi."
I get home and decide I think I'll do a shout out while I'm thinking about because with work and school and trying to maintain the house, I sometimes forget to cultivate my relationships. Well, guess what, she has me set up to not see any of her post or pictures. Why? I have no idea. As a matter of fact, the other 2 that came to my attention, I do not have a clue why either.

Now, I know not everyone is going to like me (it devastates me when I don't know what I did) but why not just unfriend me or why did you friend request me to begin with? I don't usually send friend requests because of the monster that everyone paints me out to have been in school. I guess I was a "mean girl".  What is my lesson to learn? What is God trying to tell me?

How do you handle old perceptions of yourself?









No comments:

Post a Comment