Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Aftermath


Whew, we made it through another holiday. Today we are getting our first snow in Tennessee, I have the great fortune of not having to drive in it today because I'm working from home for PT later this afternoon. I must admit I never did get the holiday spirit but we had dinner at my g-ma and was supposed to have breakfast at my mothers but she cancelled. Both of my brothers were in town and it was nice to see both of them, I wish I had been in better spirits. I did however wanted to share with you couple of couple of things that did brighten my spirits and was touched by the thoughtfulness:



I first saw these on The Pioneer Woman  and showed them to my daughter. She surprised me with them and I was thrilled. I love them so much that I it took me a few times of baking before I actually used them.


My friend Kristine surprised me with these goodies. I love chai tea latte and this was absolutely delicious. The perfect way to spend my days off for the holiday. Oh and she also let me borrow Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz - thumbs up - I must get the other books to finish up


He wasn't exactly a Christmas present but he makes me smile nonetheless - our newest member - Gizmo - I must tell you that I do no think Heathen is impressed by him.

I also did some baking for gifts - forgot to take pictures but I did find this recipe and the taste was great Coffee Swirl Cake I don't like coffee but it was pretty good. Mine did not turn out that pretty as my bundt pan is flat - I must get me a prettier one. I also made a Foolproof fudge and it turned out really well and of course my banana bread and the chocolate peanut butter bars I made a few weeks back. How was your Christmas? What are your plans for New Years?

No comments:

Post a Comment