Monday, July 1, 2013

While I Was Out...

 
 
Well, I have been off a week and have really enjoyed my time off. I would get up and be at the pool at 10 am  and stayed until 2 pm on both Saturdays, Monday, Tuesday, and Friday just in time for Mr. Man to get out of bed :). The weather was cloudy the mornings of Tuesday and Friday but cleared up the last two hours. The water felt like silk against my skin. I even wore a bathing suit I haven't worn in years - it wasn't pretty but I wasn't vulgar :) I probably shouldn't have shared with you but well, let's just say the back is full :) But back to the wonderful week - so my action plan was to have fun during the day, except Wednesday and Thursday Mr. Man had knee surgery, and clean a different room each night. I started with the blinds and windows - I cannot believe how dirty they were and how amazing they look afterwards. I wasn't able to get two of the windows because they are too high for my ladder, while doing the windows, I changed the house over to summer and de-cluttered, dusted, and mopped my bedroom and the spare bedroom, and scrubbed the bathroom. Next day I dusted, de-cluttered, and mopped the office (including ceiling fans) Then, the next day, I got on top of the kitchen cabinets and hutch and dusted them (man, they were gross) and washed the knick-knacks on top, cleaned the refrigerator inside and out. There was a lot of dust on top of my fridge -ewww. The last night I de-cluttered, dusted (including the ceiling fan) and mopped the living room. Man, what a great feeling to have accomplished so much but yet I feel well rested and peaceful. How was your week?
 
 
 
This is said bathing suit - I have seen worse :) I hope next year's picture I see all the gym time in the picture...
 
 

Baby got back? :)


 
 
This is the recipe that I tried Herb crusted pot roast - I deviated a little from the recipe I seared it first - I got the idea from this version of the recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/herb-crusted-roast-beef-with-horseradish-cream-recipe/index.html I overcooked mine just a little - I should have taken it out after an hour but continued to cook it another 30 minutes even though my thermometer said 130 - was a little tough on the ends - lesson learned. The creamy horseradish was absolutely delicious.. Mr. Man approved...
 
 

See how the meat is brown - that should have been pink :( but the next time I will remember to not overcook


The reason I did another 30 minutes as I was trying to the "crust" harder - it still was not crusted on there even after 30 minutes - not sure how to fix that


This was my heaven on Earth while I was on vacation...



We get to dress casual all this week but this is an older picture - I do so LOVE orange


No comments:

Post a Comment