Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Week's Smiles


I smile at mastering my grandma's Pumpkin Nut Roll - I omitted the nuts
Here is the recipe:
3 eggs
2/3 cup pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmet
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pecan or walnuts (finely chopped)

Filling:
1 cup powdered sugar
6 - 9 oz cream cheese
4 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp vanilla

Beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes. Add pumplin, sugar, and lemon juice. MIx dry ingredients together and fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour onto greased jelly roll pan or cookie sheet (I greased parchment paper on put on my cookie sheet). Sprinkle with 1 cup finely chopped pecans. Bake a 375 degrees for 15 minutes. After removing from oven, turn directly out on a towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll up in towel  (I left mine cool for an hour). Beat filling ingredients together (I sifted the powdered sugar). When cake is cool, unroll and fill with this mixture, re-roll.





I smile at the three men in life who were Veterans my father, Army


My grandfather - Navy - Korean War


Mr. Man - Navy



Of course can't forget the little man.....



6 month visit - time is flying


No comments:

Post a Comment