Friday, December 27, 2013

Blessed Season

Wow, my life has been a whirlwind lately. I have been so busy that I haven't had time to do anything. My brother's wedding was over the weekend so he and his bride stayed at my house, then their son and daughter-in-law and granddaughter came to stay, then my youngest brother and his wife - busy, busy. Now that the holidays are over I am in lose the extra weight that I gained during the holiday - going to get serious since there was a joke made about me being the frumpy sister. I do not like that at all. I do love to eat - below is still some warm weather pictures and the last one was taken with my brother and half-sister on his wedding day. OH I almost forgot - how was your Christmas? Mine was absolutely wonderful - my grandmother made a fabulous meal Christmas Eve and we exchanged gifts - my grandmother got me these vintage cookbooks from the 60's and 70's <LOVE> and a vintage cake plate that spins around and some house shoes and Christmas dish towels and made me some homemade pimento cheese <LOVE>, my mother got me a cool Christmas tea set, and my son got me a red stand mixer. Christmas morning. I got up and Mr. Man totally surprised me with gifts under the tree. I told him Santa had come for me - he got me tripod for my camera - I'll be back in front of the bookshelf :) and he got me a new MP3 player with ear buds and an armband.  Mr. Man and I then cooked breakfast and my mother and step-father and grandmother and my son came over. I then took my son back home and we stopped at my daughter's and son-in-laws house and exchanged gifts with them. Jaxen really got a lot of neat things - such a sweet baby - my daughter got me a bracelet, Chicken Soup for Grandmother's and a tin of assorted teas. Then I get to work yesterday and my friend Kristine had been bad and got me some goodies (red towels, whisk, and the coolest looking vanilla bottle ever. I, well actually, my entire family was truly blessed this year.
 
 

This scarf matches this t-shirt perfectly - bonus


Taken at my brother's wedding with my sister Jennifer




 

No comments:

Post a Comment