Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Benchmarking AKA Comparing Yourself to Others


I had bought this dress for the wedding of a friend's daughter but I bought it with the mindset of something that  I could still wear to work. I love this dress because it makes me feel beautiful. These days I need all the help I can get with all the chaos in my life that is keeping depression breathing down my neck. I have noticed the least little thing can waiver my confidence. For instance, yesterday at the gym getting out of the shower, I go to get dressed and the one and only dressing room with a curtain is occupied. <SIGH> that means I have to go out into the population...and what do I see but three super models with perfect breasts, bodies, and long gorgeous hair and here I come, with shower cap and frumpy. I felt soooo badly about myself when comparing myself to them. I had to keep telling myself, "You look good in your own right." I wonder though at what point in my life did I learn or adopt the concept of comparing myself to others? I mean I guess the concept of benchmarking could be derived from this theory but one thing is for certain...benchmarking needs to be done with like entities. I cannot benchmark a woman in her 20's as I cannot turn back the clock, if I could though.....whoaaaa look out world I would be one HOT MAMA :)

What are you thoughts on benchmarking?




2 comments:

  1. You are absolutely gorgeous. Great smile, beautiful eyes, pretty hair, and good legs. Wow! You don't need to compare yourself to anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy!! You are too kind :)

    ReplyDelete