Monday, February 6, 2012

Stacey-cation over :(

I can't believe my week is already up. Mr Man and I have been busy busy working on the house - our income tax this year went to home improvements. I will post pictures on Wednesday - we replaced the brass lights in the foyer and kitchen. The kitchen light is really cool. We also got a new ceiling fan in the dining room - it is really cool except that is way too big for our space but Mr Man will not concede so I refer to lovingly as the airplane in my dining room LOL. We did a whole make-over for the office - decluttered, purchased new desk, painted it (got an "Oops" color for $10 - perfect color) new ceiling fan, ordered new curtains, and we got a new PC. We also replaced the brass the door knobs with a more up-to-date nickel handles. Then I cleaned out the closet in my daughter's room and took my clothes that were either too small or too large to Salvation army, then decluttered the laundry room, we purchased some shelving and OH MY the decluttering is feeling soooo nice. For my birthday, my daughter and son-in-law took me out to eat, Mr Man financed most of the home improvements and did all the labor, my grandma got me a cool blouse, candles, and new book, and made me her homemade cheesecake. My mother took me to lunch and she is going to take me shopping to get these bird pictures I really love. My son gave me a gift card to Lowes to finish up my home improvements. OH and I also got the coolest - leather/chest that I put in my foyer. I am feeling very accomplished :) going to be hard to get back in the swing of going to be bed at 10 and getting up at 5:30 - been staying up until 1 am and getting up around 9ish :) What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment