Monday, September 19, 2011

Accomplished Hills

The weekend was pretty good this go around although I must admit looking for the next one to arrive :) Saturday went for my walk to discover at almost .5 miles the "easy" trail was closed for construction. I decided to go walk the "hard-hilly side" and attempt to walk an additional 5.2 miles. The "hilly-hard side" was beautiful and I must admit that the 3 hills almost got the best of me but I made it. On the way back I did not think I was going to make it up the last hill and my brain was actually suggesting to me to crawl up it. I'm like WHAT?! to myself, "Whatever, I AM GOING TO DO THIS" So I'm bent over and walking like I have really, really, really tight skirt around my legs but I finally made it to the top. I had the best sense of accomplishment when I finished walking on Saturday. Guess which trail I'm walking next weekend? :) Spent the rest of Saturday taking my daughter to walk-in clinic for her stomach virus and note for missing work, I barely got any school work completed. Got up early Sunday morning and opted to skip church, again, and do school work. I watched the Titans win, oh that sounds good, Titans Win :), and did a PowerPoint while I watched. I'm in the process of finishing my paper and have saved my online exam for tonight. I am praying there are not any technical difficulties. I have the sniffles and it is really getting on my nerves GRRRRR How was your weekend? Happy Monday!!!

Here are my Saturday pics:


Ready to go!!


The beginning - this isn't so bad - look how peaceful


The sign at the beginning of the first hill, uh oh


Heading down and then back up - <GULP>


Almost to the bottom -  how pretty


The river is below - I LOVE WATER - sigh


I thought this was soooo pretty


I'm in awe


Love the woods


Another pic of the water - while it's a tad muddy - water nonetheless :)


Hill number 2 - pant pant


Still panting - sure hope I don't fall


cute little bridge with rocks and water


Walking on the cute little bridge


1 comment:

  1. I was not there... but am already tired !
    Good job Stacy !

    ReplyDelete