Saturday, February 12, 2011

Italian Drip Beef


Today I am trying Pioneer Woman's Italian Drip Beef. This is before it goes in the oven and then I  have to wait 6 hours to consume :) Cooking is a something that I became interested in much later in life. The women in my  family are excellent cooks; however, I felt my time was better served curled up with a book then standing in the kitchen. Now that I have gotten older, I have become interested in cooking. Thank goodness for the Internet, I peruse recipes and choose the one I can understand or ingredients I recognize. My daughter got me a Rachel Ray cookbook and I intend to copy the movie Julia and Julia and cook everything in the book that I think I will  like :) Next weekend I am trying Sheppard's Pie. I could not for the life of me find Smoke Paprika so I may just use plain old paprika.

This is just a distraction, I have not done any of my homework and now need to cram 6 chapters of reading in today so I can write a paper by tomorrow. This science credit is being accomplished with Nutrition, which by the way MyPyramid.gov says that I do not eat healthy and that I am a fatty. GRRRRRR. I'm trying.....I'll get better.....tomorrow..... :) Ha ha with that attitude I have no idea why the scale won't budge. :) Well, I guess I should get to reading and the smell from dinner is WONDERFUL, I'll let you know if I did it right. What are your plans for today and are you trying a new recipe or tried one recently that you enjoyed?

No comments:

Post a Comment