Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Powerful Red?


Scarf - gift
Blouse - yardsale
Pants - Jessica London
Shoes - yardsale

Back in the day, we were told not to wear the color red to job interviews citing that red was a "power" color. I have thought about this and I have to say looking at someone in red does not convey to me that they are powerful. In decorating, it is suggested to paint the kitchen or dining room red as it invokes appetite. I don't know if that affects me that way it either. Then again, maybe I am underestimating red, since I am not a fan.  I don't think I look powerful.
 
Still don't think I look powerful

Bracelet - yardsale











 

  





 






Earrings say Faith, Love, Hope

Love the zipper

Guest Appearance
Carrie found these on roadside seller $5 and she looks FAB in them


I cannot discount the color theory completely, I admit that when I see someone wearing bright colors, such as yellow and orange (both not recommended for job interviews either) it makes me think the person is happy or festive or puts me in that kind of mood when I wear them. My bathroom is painted a sunny yellow and starts my day off in a happy way :)

My bedroom is a brownish gray and I find it very soothing. Is that because I like those colors or do they hold some magic? Blue is a color that I don't mind wearing but I don't want to paint my walls that color, the same with lime or bright green, I can and will paint with a Sage Green or brownish green.

Why IS navy blue the perfect choice for an interview? In my research, according to Angela Harris (n.d.) blue - makes you seem authoritative, brown - makes you seem "calm, trustworthy, and level headed", gray - makes you seem "authoritative without being overwhelming" I found this article at http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-Colors-to-Wear-to-an-Interview


Do color(s) people are wearing sway your opinion of them? Does the color of the room affect your mood? What colors do this and why you think? Can't wait to hear your take on color and moods. Have a great day

1 comment:

  1. I once had a yellow kitchen. Not being a fan of yellow, generally, I didn't think I'd like it. But I loved it. Like you, it made me feel cheerful and since it was the first place I headed in the morning that seemed a wonderful thing.

    I'm not put off by a little color. When I see people wearing a vibrant color, I think that maybe it reflects a vibrant personality. Someone who's not afraid to take a risk.

    I favor earth tones myself, being an autumn. But a certain shade of red works well. I might wear, say, a red sweater with a tweed jacket or a boucle that is predominantly brown but has hints of all sorts of colors in it.

    I can't remember the last time I wore something completely traditional to a business meeting, mostly because I like to be comfortable.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It was nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete